Dietitians support people of all ages, including children, to eat well to promote good health and wellbeing.
We provide support and advice about:
- Building a healthy relationship with food and your child’s body
- Food for babies and children, including how much to give
- Food allergies/intolerances
- Fussy eating
- Achieve good health by eating a varied & enjoyable diet
- Preventing and managing a health condition such as diabetes
- A healthy body weight for your child
- Food shopping, meal planning and preparing low cost healthy meals
- Eating well to support good mental health
- Nutrition during pregnancy
Support is offered through individual consultations at our West Heidelberg and Greensborough sites and groups presentations.
Nutrition for Babies, Toddlers and Mums
Our Eat Well Play Well program offers nutrition education sessions on:
- Introducing Solids
- Toddler Nutrition
- Fuelling your Body and Being Active after Pregnancy
The sessions which are run by Dietitians with input from a Physiotherapist and other Allied Health workers are held on Tuesday mornings at 10am during school terms.
For current dates and to register to attend please click here.
A gold coin donation on the day is welcomed.
Referrals are welcome from parents, carers, health professionals and other community service providers. Contact Service Access on 9450 2000 or one of our receptionists to speak to a Service Access worker.
Interpreters are provided.
Fees may apply, depending on your family’s income level. Paediatric services are free for low-income families or low income families who have a Health Care Card. Contact Service Access for further details on 9450 2000.
Adult dietetics & nutrition
Please visit our Dietetics service page if you are seeking adult dietetics & nutrition support.
Adult nutrition education is offered to several groups run at Banyule Community Health, including the Diabetes Support Group and the Make a Move falls prevention group.