We support people of all ages to learn more about food, nutrition and healthy lifestyle choices.
Our dietitians can provide support and advice about:
- Building a health relationship with food and your body
- Achieving good health by eating a varied and enjoyable diet
- Being a healthy weight for you
- Food allergies or intolerances
- Food shopping and meal planning
- Preparing low cost, healthy meals
- Healthy cooking and recipes ideas
- How to prevent or manage a health condition, such as diabetes, high cholesterol or gastro intestinal issues
- Nutrition advice for older people – e.g. malnutrition
- What to eat during pregnancy to ensure good health for the mother and baby
- Eating well to support good mental health
- Food for babies and children, including how much to give.
The dietitians offer individual appointments and group presentations. They can work with you to develop an eating plan to suit your needs and provide dietary education to help you make healthy food choices. Home visits are available for eligible clients.
This service is subsidised for people with greater health, economic and social needs. To find out how much you may have to pay, please contact Service Access on 9450 2000.
This service may also be available as part of your National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) Plan or if you have a level 3 to 4 aged care package.
Dietetics services for children
Acknowledgement: Funded by the Australian Government Department of Social services. Visit the Department of Social Services website (www.dss.gov.au) for more information.
Disclaimer: Although funding for these Allied Health services has been provided by the Australian Government, the material contained herein does not necessarily represent the views or policies of the Australian Government.