Hydrotherapy is a water based exercise program. It is designed to improve a person’s strength, endurance, co-ordination, balance and range of movement.
Wednesdays 10.30 - 11.15am (WH)
Mondays 1.30 - 2.15pm (GB)
West Heidelberg and Greensborough
$3 a session
Exercise in water is really good for you because it puts less stress on your joints, bones and muscles. The water is heated to 34 degrees which increases blood flow to muscles and joints. Water also provides a gentle resistance to movement improving your strength and flexibility.
Hydrotherapy is useful in the treatment of various conditions including:
- Muscle, bone and joint injuries
- Back and neck injuries
- Poor mobility
- Decreased general fitness
What to bring
- Safe shoes to wear by the pool
- Water to drink
- Arrive 10 minutes early so you have time to change
- Drink plenty of water after the class
- Do not come if you are feeling unwell or have open wounds – just call 9450 2025 and leave a message to let us know. If you miss 3 sessions in a row, without notification, it is assumed you will not be returning to the group.
You will need an assessment by one of our physiotherapists before attend. Contact us to make an appointment. Participants need a medical clearance from their doctor before attending.
Times and locations
Wednesdays at 10.30am – 11.15am, at Olympic Leisure Centre 15 Alamein Road West Heidelberg, 3081
Mondays at 1.30pm – 2.15pm, at WaterMarc, 1 Flintoff St, Greensborough
Due to demand, participants can attend 2 terms. At the completion of the 2 terms, participants have the choice to continue the exercises independently, or join the self-managed group that runs for former Banyule hydrotherapy group members, or join another water based class.