Donate excellent quality goods for families in need.
Thank you for offering to donate goods. Please email us at Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will tell you when and where you can deliver the goods.
All goods must be in very good or excellent condition. Ask yourself if you would like to receive them as a gift. Please understand that we have limited capacity to store items and therefore it is important to only donate suitable goods.
Before donating, please review the list of goods that we will or will not accept.
We will accept
- Baby baths
- Baby bottles and trainer cups – new only
- Bassinets – no bumpers or liners please (SIDS recommendations)
- Bedding – bassinet, cot or single; mattresses that are clean and unmarked; sheets; blankets; quilts; doonas (new in packet only); mattress protectors
- Bouncers/ rocking chairs
- Breast pumps
- Car seats – capsules, reversible, booster seats with backs only. Should meet standard AS/NZS1754. Should not be more than 10 years old (Safe n Sound brand) or 6 years old (all other brands) and guaranteed not to have been in an accident.
- Change tables
- Clothing sizes 00000-12 – it is appreciated if you wash the clothing and label bags with the size and gender
- Cots – must meet Standard AS/NZS 2172/2003 which came in2003. We can only accept cots that meet this standard and were manufactured after that year. Please include all necessary screws and bolts and a manual if you have it.
- Formula – within expiry date
- High chairs – with working 5 point harness
- Lights – night lights and lamps for children’s bedrooms
- Maternity pads, nipple shields etc
- Nappies – disposable (open packets are accepted)
- Nappy bags
- Prams and strollers – Standard AS/NZS 2088: 2000. Should be able to recline as most requests are for newborns. Must have 5 point harness, faultless brakes, sun hood and carry basket. Please include the original manuals if you have them.
- Pram accessories – rain covers etc
- Safety equipment – safety catches, plug socket covers etc
- Shoes – clean and in good condition
- Slings and baby carriers – Baby Bjorn preferred
- Toys and books – no large toys please and no internal beads or loose eyes
- Mother and baby toiletries – bath oil, nappy creams, moisturiser, face creams, soap, shampoo, toothpaste, deodorants etc
- Wraps and bunny rugs
We often request urgently needed items on facebook. Follow us to find out more.
We do not accept
We do not accept the following goods for various reasons which include safety standards, limited storage space and health and hygiene issues:
- Stained mattresses
- Single beds
- Cot bumpers
- Soft sided baby carriers
- Large toys
- Large second hand soft toys
- Car seats more than 6 years old or 10 years old in Safe ’n Sound brand and booster cushions
- Cots more than 10 years old
- Second hand baby bottles
- Maternity and adult clothes
3081 Angels make a real effort to ensure that we only distribute equipment that has been safety checked and is in excellent working order. Please do not donate goods that you know are faulty.
We run checks on all cots, prams and car seats. Electrical equipment is tested and tagged before being given out. Please click on the safety checklist links below for reference.
Stroller Safety Regulation Checklist
Pram Safety Regulation Checklist
Folding Cots Checklist
High Chairs Safety Checklist
Secondhand Household Cots Checklist
Keeping Baby Safe – ACCC
Prams and Strollers Product Safety – ACCC
As the Angels are not selling goods, we are not required to check against the safety standards. However we choose to do so, to help ensure community safety.