NeRASP is a program is for people who identify issues with their substance use and mental health. We will work with you towards identifying your values to take steps to build a life worth living. This could include things like significantly reduced or ceased substance use, improved quality of life, or a return to parenting responsibility, education and employment.
Who: Available to anyone over the age of 18
When: This program runs on Tuesdays and Thursdays 10-3pm for eight weeks
Where: Currently available online
Cost: There is no cost associated with attending the program
This post withdrawal, non-residential, harm reduction program uses current evidence base interventions of:
- Group Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) combined with Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- Psychosocial interventions
- Assertive outreach
- Ongoing follow up and support for a year post program
You will also be supported to access withdrawal programs prior to commencing rehabilitation.
Through this eight-week day program you will receive:
- Face-to-face group therapy (currently online)
- Psycho education
- Peer support
- Individual counselling
- Phone coaching
- Assistance with housing issues, employment readiness and access to education
- Assistance to address physical health needs and referral to relevant health services
- Access to alcohol and drug clinicians, doctors, counsellors, mental health workers and other health care professionals
This program runs on Tuesdays and Thursdays 10-3pm for eight weeks. Clients are then able to seek individual counselling on Monday, Wednesday and Friday for further support. The groups run in the school terms with four groups running per year.
Clients will need to detox at least one week in advance, this can be arranged by current supports or after an assessment has been completed.
Join this program
You can register to attend these programs up to one month in advance.
The North East Recovery and Support Program is funded by the Eastern Melbourne Primary Health Network.