We provides a range of services for individuals, couples, children and families affected by common mental health problems, especially as a result of social disadvantage.
Our counselling support may be helpful to you if you are experiencing:
- anxiety or depression
- grief and loss
- family violence
- past sexual abuse
- couple or family relationship issues
- children’s issues or parenting difficulties
People often use this service to develop skills to better cope with a number of life problems, to develop strengths, reduce distress and improve psychological health and well-being.
- comprehensive assessment
- individual counselling for all ages
- counselling for couples and families
- cognitive behaviour therapy
- acceptance and commitment therapy
- referral to other services where appropriate
- working in partnership with other service providers
- appointments in business hours at West Heidelberg and Greensborough sites
- short to medium term counselling, working on specific goals.
General counselling services are free to access to people of all ages who live, work or study in Banyule or who have links with Banyule Community Health.
Contact us to book an appointment today. You may self-refer or your health care professional can refer you to our general counselling service.