We provides a range of services for individuals, couples, children and families affected by common mental health problems, especially as a result of social disadvantage.
Our counselling support may be helpful to you if you are experiencing:
- anxiety or depression
- grief and loss
- family violence
- past sexual abuse
- couple or family relationship issues
- children’s issues or parenting difficulties
People often use this service to develop skills to better cope with a number of life problems, to develop strengths, reduce distress and improve psychological health and well-being.
- comprehensive assessment
- individual counselling for all ages
- counselling for couples and families
- cognitive behaviour therapy
- acceptance and commitment therapy
- referral to other services where appropriate
- working in partnership with other service providers
- appointments in business hours at West Heidelberg and Greensborough sites
- short to medium term counselling, working on specific goals
LIFT stepped care model
Every person seeking help with a mental health concern receives the right care at the right time from the right person
We are proud to provide the LIFT stepped care model for mental health.
LIFT is a free service for people of all ages who live, work, or study in Banyule, Whittlesea, Nillumbik, Kinglake or Wallan who are not able to afford, or access, similar services, including asylum seekers. You will receive expert support from mental health nurses, psychologists and counsellors, care coordinators and peer workers.
LIFT works with you and your care team, building on your strengths, to support your recovery. It is flexible, to meet your needs and recognises that the impact of your mental health concerns will vary over time.
Get help with mental health concerns, including:
- chronic mental health issues
- suicidal thoughts
General counselling services are free to access to people of all ages who live, work or study in Banyule or who have links with Banyule Community Health.
Contact us to book an appointment today. You may self-refer or your health care professional can refer you to our general counselling service.
The LIFT program is always free. Contact us to see if you are eligible for this service.
The LIFT program is available in Eltham, Epping, Mill Park, Wallan, and Whittlesea, as well as at Banyule Community Health’s centres.