Peer Connection is a free, confidential and easy to access telephone peer support service for people struggling to stop/control their gambling and for people impacted by another person’s gambling.
“These calls keeps me on the right road”
All our peer support volunteers have experienced gambling harm themselves and can share their own stories of harm, hope and recovery.
Sometimes speaking with a person who has ‘been there done that’ can be helpful for your own recovery, especially when it’s difficult to talk to others about it.
How can it help?
Peer Connection peer support volunteers can:
- Listen without judgment or expectation
- Share their own experiences of gambling harm and strategies for change
- Offer encouragement and support
- Help refer to appropriate services when required
How does it work?
- No referral needed – just call or email Peer Connection
- Callers are matched with a volunteer with a similar personal experience of gambling harm
- Calls take place weekly or fortnightly (day or evening shifts are available)
- Calls can continue until the support is no longer needed
Contact us to find out how we can help you move forward.
Watch this short video to hear from Dan, one of our Peer Connection volunteers about the benefits of peer support.
Call 9450 2007 or email email@example.com
The Peer Connection Program is a service of Gambler’s Help North and North Western.