The La Trobe Student Association Legal Service (LTSALS) is a partnership between La Trobe University Student Association and West Heidelberg Community Legal – a service of Banyule Community Health. LTSALS provides free and confidential legal advice, information and referral to students enrolled at La Trobe University across all campuses.
The service can help with any legal issue a student may have that does not involve the university itself.
Legal matters we can help with
- Tenancy / Housing – renting, issues with landlords, bond, bills and moving out
- Fines and Infringements – parking, speeding, public transport and all types of fines. Options to pay, challenge or consolidate fines
- Employment – rates of pay, conditions, rights at work and when you leave
- Centrelink payments – entitlements, complaints, reviews of Centrelink decisions or debt
- Consumer complaints
- Safety and crime
- Intervention orders, victims of crime
- Family Violence
- Family Law
- Minor Criminal Matters
- Motor Vehicle accidents (not TAC) and insurance disputes
Request an appointment
If you are a student enrolled at La Trobe University and you’d like some free legal help, then please contact us on 9450 2002 to request an appointment.