A skilled team who understand the importance of culture and connection.
Our Aboriginal Health team deliver services and assist in running programs and groups for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community members, at our centres and at the Barrbunin Beek Gathering Place.
The Aboriginal Health Team who lead this work can provide a range of different services and support, including:
- Supporting you to manage contact with multiple different health professionals and service providers, in a respectful and culturally appropriate way (casework)
- Linking you to specialist health and welfare services as you need them
- Information and advice about chronic health issues
- Early years and maternal child health services
- Child protection advocacy and legal support
- Men’s support worker