We know that life gets busy and perhaps we don’t all get to walk as much as we’d like. Here are a few tips to help incorporate more walking into your day...
Walking Tips For Busy People:...
Walking regularly is the simplest and most practical way of increasing your daily exercise. Now is a great time to put your feet first and step into Summer and build walking into your daily routine.
1. Walk some or if you can, walk all the way to work.
2. Get off the bus, train, or tram a few stops earlier.
3. Leave the car at least 1km away from work and walk the rest of the way.
4. Set your alarm 30 minutes earlier to fit in a walk to work.
5. Organise a walk at lunchtime with colleagues.
6. Walk all or part of the way to meetings rather than driving or catching taxis
7. Schedule a "walking meeting” (a Walking Workshop) instead of sitting down. Walk and talk and you’ll get double the benefit.
8. Ensure you get up from your desk at least once an hour and walk around the office.
9. Wherever possible, use the stairs instead of the escalator or elevator.