My Aged Care at BCH

My Aged Care is part of the Australian Government’s changes to the aged care system which have been designed to give people more choice, more control and easier access to a full range of aged care services.

My Aged Care is made up of a website ( and a contact centre. Together they can provide you with information on aged care services for yourself, a family member, friend or someone you’re caring for. The My Aged Care website and contact centre also act as a centralized intake system which will help you access aged care services including the podiatry, dietetic, physiotherapy and occupational therapy services we provide here at Banyule Community Health.

If you are over the age of 65, or Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander and over 50 years, and you would like to see a physiotherapist, podiatrist, occupational therapist or a dietitian, you need to call the My Aged Care contact centre on 1800 200 422 to discuss your needs so that you can get the right type of help. Staff at the contact centre will ask you some questions about how you are managing at home. They will then refer you to these services.

Be sure to mention that you want to see one of the health professionals at Banyule Community Health so they can send through your referral to us.

The My Aged Care contact centre takes calls between 8am and 8pm on weekdays and between 10am and 2pm on Saturdays. It is closed on Sundays and national public holidays.

If you have any problems contacting My Aged Care, please call us at Banyule Community Health and ask to speak to one of our Service Access staff who will be able to guide you through the process.

How to access an Advocate:

Older Persons Advocacy Network (OPAN)
Phone: 1800 700 600 
OPAN organizations offer independent and confidential services that focus on supporting older people (and their representatives) to raise and address issues to accessing and interacting with Commonwealth funded aged care services including My Aged Care/CHSP services, Residential Aged Care, Home Care Packages, ACAS.

Acknowledgement: Funded by the Australian Government Department of Social services. Visit the Department of Social Services website ( for more information.
Disclaimer: Although funding for these Allied Health services has been provided by the Australian Government, the material contained herein does not necessarily represent the views or policies of the Australian Government.